Free Clinic Services | Patient Policy
- All new patients seeking care at Lake Area Free Clinic of Oconomowoc will complete an application form before receiving care.
- All new patients applying for care will sign the Consent to Treatment/Release of Information form to allow clinic staff to verify application information and to assist with referrals to other agencies or health care providers. Any person refusing to sign the release may not receive clinic services.
- Family income at or below 200% of federal poverty level guidelines.*
- Patients who have no health insurance coverage, either through private insurance or through public programs and who meet the above income guidelines will be eligible to receive free clinic services.
- Live in Waukesha County or Oconomowoc Area School District
- Minor patients, legally defined as a person under the age of 18, must have a parent, or legal guardian present to receive treatment at the free clinic.
Scope of Services:
- Preventive medical exams for adults.
- Medical treatment for acute and chronic illness for adults and children.
- Access to laboratory and radiology services.
- Referral to local physicians for follow-up care and specialty services.
Services Not Available:
- Prenatal and obstetrical services
- Emergency care
- Routine HIV testing
- Pregnancy and abortion counseling
- STD cultures and treatment
- Childhood Immunizations
*200% of federal poverty level = $20,800 for a single individual + $7200 for each additional family member