Volunteers Make Lake Area Free Clinic Successful
In 2016 LAFC had just under 3000 patient visits. With less than 3 full time employees, the clinic relies on volunteers to be successful. In 2015 more than 12,000 volunteer hours were realized.
“What do we live for, if it’s not to make life less difficult for each other?” – George Eliot
Throughout our history, volunteers from all walks of life have stepped forth to make the Lake Area Free Clinic a caring and vital part of the Waukesha County community. Our hope is that our doors will always remain open to those who need our services, so if you’re looking for a profoundly rewarding volunteer opportunity, please consider joining us.
- Greeter: Greet and register patients and answer phones.
- Screener: Review applications for services with patient and determine eligibility.
- Spanish Interpreter: Interpret for Spanish speaking patients throughout the Clinic.
- Licensed Healthcare Professionals: Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Psychologist – Provide care to patients.LPN – Patient intake process including chief complaint and vital signs. RN – Patient intake process and discharge process including triage of patient problems.
- Laboratory Technician: Phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- Dispensary Volunteer: Pharmacist – Provide medication instruction and support to the healthcare providers. Pharmacy Technician – Maintain the dispensary including log of medications provided.
- Data Entry Volunteer: Enter patient information and clinic visits into computer data base.
- Housekeeper: Clean clinic on a routine basis.
- Fundraising Committee Volunteer: Work with the committee on fundraising opportunities for the clinic including the Gala.
- Grant Writer: Assist in grant writing for the clinic.
OUR GREATEST NEEDS FOR VOLUNTEERS RIGHT NOW ARE: LAB VOLUNTEERS AND INTERPRETERS.
Link to Events.