Waukesha Volunteers Make Free Clinic Successful
One common thread among people from the Waukesha community who volunteer at the Lake Area Free Clinic – they all want to give a hand up, to those less fortunate. There comes a time when someone can not afford to hear another “come back tomorrow”, and that is where our staff makes the difference.
Or print the LAFC Volunteer Application and fax or mail it in to the Free Clinic. We will reach out to you about your volunteer interest as soon as possible.
What can you do?
- Greeter (Receptionist): Greet and register patients and answer phones.
- Screener: Review applications for services with patient and determine eligibility.
- Spanish Interpreter: Interpret for Spanish speaking patients throughout the Clinic.
- Licensed Nurse: LPN – Patient intake process including chief complaint and vital signs. RN – Patient intake process and discharge process including triage of patient problems.
- Laboratory Technician: Phlebotomy and point of care testing.
- Dispensary Volunteer: Pharmacist – Provide medication instruction and support to the healthcare providers. Pharmacy Technician – Maintain the dispensary including log of medications provided.
- Healthcare Provider: Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practicioner, Pscyhologist – Provide care to patients.
- Data Entry Volunteer: Enter patient information and clinic visits into computer data base.
- Housekeeper: Clean clinic on a routine basis.
- Fundraising Committee Volunteer: Work with the committee on fundraising opportunities for the clinic including the Gala.
- Grant Writer: Assist in grant writting for the clinic.
OUR GREATEST NEEDS FOR VOLUNTEERS RIGHT NOW ARE: NURSES & FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS.
Link to Events.